The Wayne State University Family Medicine Residency Program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline for receiving applications through ERAS is December 15th.
The Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences does not accept applications for observerships or externships at this time.
- ERAS Common Application
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Board Score Transcripts
- Medical School Dean's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
- Graduation from Medical School within 3 years
- USMLE I Exam Scores – 200 or higher (no more than 1 attempt total for both USMLE I and II exams)
- USMLE II Exam Scores – 220 or higher
- USMLE Step II CS – passed on first attempt
- A minimum of 6 months US clinical experience, which may include observerships
Applications are reviewed by the Resident Recruitment Committee; those applicants who meet and exceed our criteria may be considered for an interview and will be notified via email to arrange for an interview. Interviews are scheduled in October through January. During interviews, applicants will be meeting our Program Director, faculty, available residents and staff.
Salary and Benefits
Please visit the Graduate Medical Education website and view the resident contract, stipend and benefits offered.
Each resident is entitled to 20 days of combined vacation, personal and sick leave per academic year.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Benefits
Each resident is entitled to the following CME benefits:
Labcoat and Meal Allowances
Labcoats and meals are provided while on duty by Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital.
For more information, you may contact the Family Medicine Administrative Office:
1101 W. University Drive, 2-South
Rochester, MI 48307