Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Wayne State University Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences website.
Our department prides itself on being respectful of diversity, embracing all aspects of health and well-being. We embrace our core values of excellence, collaboration, innovation, integrity, diversity & inclusion, and social justice. We exhibit academic excellence and high-quality care, student success at every level, research innovations to further community health and philanthropic partnerships to secure the future. Read more
The Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences will promote health equity and well-being of individuals, families, and communities. We improve health and well-being by advancing the science and practice of Family Medicine and Public Health through innovation, interdisciplinary collaboration, and excellence in partnership with our communities.
- Eleanor King, MD Wins 2023 Ascension Medical Group Excellence in Medicine Award
- Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital Selected to Participate in National Initiative on Social and Moral Determinants of Health
- WSU FM Residency Celebrates Graduation
- Family Medicine and Preventive Medicine Welcomes its New Residents
- Dr. Deborah Ellis Receives $3 Million Award from NIH