Our faculty are dedicated to resident training and professional development. Award winning department leadership provides expertise in the development of individualized education plans and resident mentoring.
All residency faculty:
- Are professors at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Are knowledgeable about cutting edge treatment options
- Provide evidence-based patient care
- Participate in resident mentoring designed by expert behavioral science faculty
- Are engaged in clinical research and scholarship including:
- Clinical and Community Translational Research
- Behavioral Oncology
- Practice-Based Research
Comments from a resident trained at Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital:
"After training here, I feel prepared to go to most any practice setting. Our faculty are dedicated. I've learned the importance of compassion in treating patients. I've also learned that treating the patient and his disease experience is what sets family medicine apart from other specialties. The program provides a great balance of academic setting and community hospital setting. You get the best of both worlds."