The Wayne State University Transitional Year Residency Program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The deadline for receiving applications through ERAS is December 31st.
The Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences does not accept observerships or externships at this time for applicants.
- ERAS Common Application
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Board Score Transcripts
- Medical School Dean's Letter
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Valid ECFMG Certificate (International Medical Graduates only)
- Graduation from Medical School within 5 years
- USMLE I and II Board Scores 200 or higher (no more than one attempt total)
- USMLE Step II CS 220 or higher
- USMLE Step II CS passed on first attempt
- A minimum of 6 months US clinical experience, which may include observerships
Applications are reviewed by the Resident Recruitment Committee; those applicants who meet and exceed our criteria may be considered for an interview and will be notified via email to arrange for an interview. Interviews are scheduled in October through January. During interviews, applicants will be meeting our Program Director, faculty, available residents and staff.
Salary and Benefits:
Please visit the Graduate Medical Education website and view the resident contract, stipend and benefits offered.
Continuing Medical Education (CME) Benefits
Each resident is entitled to the following CME benefits:
Labcoat and Meal Allowances
Labcoats and meals are provided while on duty at Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital Medical Center.
For more information, you may contact the Transitional Year Residency Program Administrative Office at:
1101 W. University Drive 2-South
Rochester, MI 48307