6th Annual DFMPHS Research Day
The Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences proudly presents our 6th Annual Research Day, which was held on
Thursday, April 21, 2022 from 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST)
The theme of this year's event is organized around the National Public Health Week theme for 2022:
Public Health is Where You Are
Please review our Research Day Program.
Edward Bujold, MD, FAAFP
An Alumnus of the Wayne State University School of Medicine, Dr. Bujold is a family physician who has participated in an independent solo practice for 37 years in Granite Falls, North Carolina. Dr. Bujold serves as the only permanent member of the American Academy of Family Physician's (AAFP) National Research Network. Please see Dr. Bujold's CV.
Schedule at a Glance
- 8:30 AM - 8:45 AM - Welcome
- 8:45 AM - 9:45 AM - Keynote Speaker
- 9:50 AM - 10:30 AM - Student Award Talks
- 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM - Poster Session and Closing
Student Award Talks
Medical Resident Excellent Abstract Awardee
- Danny Garcia, MD, MPH, Haria Henry, MD, Matthew Ellison, DO - "Improving Pediatric Lead Screening Exams Performed at 1 and 2 Years of Age at Community Health and Social Services (CHASS) Center"
Master of Public Health Student Excellent Abstract Awardee
- Felicia Frabis - "Understanding Stigma Toward Opioid Use Disorders and Harm Reduction Through Community-Driven Ethnographic Comics"
Maternal and Child Health
- Paige Smalley - "Impact of Access to Care on Severe Maternal Morbidity Rates in Detroit"
- Alisa Gefter - "Twenty-Two Year Trend Comparison Showed Racial/Ethnic Disparities in School-Based HIV/AIDS Education Among Adolescents"
- Liying Zhang - "Family and Community Environmental Factors and Sleep in Chinese Adolescents"
- Christian Nguyen - "Human Cytomegalovirus: A Lack of Counseling by OB/GYNs"
- Elizabeth Towner, PhD - "Building Capacity for PCOR to Reduce Early Childhood Obesity Inequities"
- Alicia Steele, MD, Irobun Frances Osaigbovo, MD, Erich Shroff, MD - "Bringing Testing Back: an effort to increase HIV screening at CHASS center in Southwest Detroit"
- Ghadir Mozeb, Sadia Yasmin, Sahla Syeda - "The Importance of HeartB Health Education to African American Adults"
- Sahar Elmenini - "The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Emerging Adults with Type 1 Diabetes"
- Zachary Cichon - "How Socioeconomic Status Effects Vaccination Beliefs and Behaviors"
- Julie Gleason-Comstock, PhD - "Global Public Health Education: Introducing an Expert Panel for Reflection on Public Health Transformation and the COVID-19 Pandemic"
- Siddharth Tirumala - "Building Primary Care Research Capacity for COVID-19 related PCOR/CER in Metro-Detroit"
- Zainab Khatib - "Efficacy of Respirator Decontamination and Disinfection"
Cardiovascular Health and Cancer
- Danni Feng, Irene Chen, MA - "Agreement Between Self-Report and Medical Charts for PSA Testing and Prostate Biopsy Frequency"
- Leo Brayman, MD, Donald Johnson, MD - "Improving Resident Comfort with Outpatient Congestive Heart Failure Management with Multidisciplinary Experience"
- Justin Woo, MPH - "Comparisons of Perceptions of Active Surveillance and Treatment Recommendations by Urologists and Radiation Oncologists for Low-Risk Prostate Cancer"
Enhancing Patient Care
- David Kazanowski, MD - "An Educational Intervention to Improve Hand-Hygiene Compliance in Enhanced-Contact Precautions"
- Hanna Hanna, MD - "Decreasing Hospital Readmission Rate at Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital"
- Lauren McKenzie - "Exploring Caregivers' Impressions of The 3Ms eHelath Intervention"
- Madeline Reardon - "Implementing The 3Ms eHealth Intervention in Clinical Settings: Explolring Health Care Providers' Impressions"
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact Amanda Compton with any comments, questions, or concerns relating to the 6th Annual DFMPHS Research Day.