Accelerated Graduate Enrollment (AGRADE)
Through the Accelerated Graduate Enrollment (AGRADE) Program, highly qualified Wayne State University Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH) major or minors enroll simultaneously in Master of Public Health (MPH) Program courses. AGRADE students apply up to 15 credits to both the MPH graduate degree and their BSPH undergraduate courses, saving both time and more than a 1/3 of the cost of a WSU MPH Degree.
Benefits to AGRADE
- Apply up to 15 credits (5 courses) to both your BSPH undergraduate and MPH graduate degrees
- Earn up to 15 graduate credits at undergraduate tuition rates.
- Successful AGRADE students receive a GRE test waiver when applying to the MPH Program. AGRADE students will be formally admitted to the MPH Program after their undergraduate degree requirements have been met and AGRADE MPH courses have been successfully completed.
- BSPH major GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- Cumulative GPA minimum of 3.5 or higher.
- Apply for AGRADE during the semester you complete 90 credits, which include the four undergraduate BSPH courses PH 2100 Introduction to Public Health, PH 3100 Social Behavioral Health, PH 3200 Biostatistics, PH 3300 Epidemiology.
AGRADE Required Application Documents
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Resume highlighting public health experiences
AGRADE Application First Step
Contact your BSPH Advisor Margaret Mackeverican at email@example.com.
BSPH/MPH AGRADE Courses (15 credit hours)
- FPH 7011 Foundations of Public Health (3 cr.)
- FPH 7012 Social Justice in Public Health (3 cr.)
- FPH 7015 Biostatistics (3 cr.)
- FPH 7100 Health Care Organization & Administration (3 cr.)
- FPH 7240 Epidemiology (3 cr.)