Administrative TitleAssociate Professor, Full-time
Department of Oncology
Dr. Chen specializes in the design and statistical analyses of research projects in the basic science and clinical programs of the Department of Oncology, as well as for researchers across the School of Medicine who are members of the Karmanos Cancer Institute. She functions as the primary statistical collaborator on research projects directed by investigators from the (former) Molecular Biology and Genetics Program, the Population Studies and Prevention Program, and the Molecular Imaging and Diagnostics Program. Her research interests include adaptive clinical trial design, biomarker discovery, high dimensional genomic or proteomic data mining, pharmacogenomic modeling, and Bayesian statistics.
- PhD in Biostatistics (2006): University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Area of Expertise
- Bepler G, Williams C, Schell MJ, Chen W, Zheng Z, Simon G, Gadgeel S, Zhao X, Schreiber F, Brahmer J, Chiappori A, Tanvetyanon T, Pinder-Schenck M, Gray J, Haura E, Antonia S, Fischer JR. Randomized International Phase III Trial of ERCC1 and RRM1 Expression-Based Chemotherapy Versus Gemcitabine/Carboplatin in Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. J Clin Oncol 2013
- Chen W, Ghosh D, Raghunathan TE, Norkin M, Sargent DJ, Bepler G. On Bayesian methods of exploring qualitative interactions for targeted treatment. Stat Med. 2012;31(28):3693-707. PMCID: 3528020.
- Ahmad A, Aboukameel A, Kong D, Wang Z, Sethi S, Chen W, Sarkar FH, Raz A. Phosphoglucose isomerase/autocrine motility factor mediates epithelial-mesenchymal transition regulated by miR-200 in breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2011;71(9):3400-9. PMCID: 3085607.
- Zhang H, Chen D, Ringler J, Chen W, Cui QC, Ethier SP, Dou QP, Wu G. Disulfiram treatment facilitates phosphoinositide 3-kinase inhibition in human breast cancer cells in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Res. 2010;70(10):3996-4004.
- Bock CH, Schwartz AG, Ruterbusch JJ, Levin AM, Neslund-Dudas C, Land SJ, Wenzlaff AS, Reich D, McKeigue P, Chen W, Heath EI, Powell IJ, Kittles RA, Rybicki BA. Results from a prostate cancer admixture mapping study in African-American men. Hum Genet. 2009;126(5):637-42. PMCID: 2975267.
- Chen W, Ghosh D, Raghunathan TE, Sargent DJ. Bayesian variable selection with joint modeling of categorical and survival outcomes: an application to individualizing chemotherapy treatment in advanced colorectal cancer. Biometrics. 2009;65(4):1030-40. PMCID: 2870722.
- Cote ML, Chen W, Smith DW, Benhamou S, Bouchardy C, Butkiewicz D, Fong KM, Gene M, Hirvonen A, Kiyohara C, Larsen JE, Lin P, Raaschou-Nielsen O, Povey AC, Reszka E, Risch A, Schneider J, Schwartz AG, Sorensen M, To-Figueras J, Tokudome S, Pu Y, Yang P, Wenzlaff AS, Wikman H, Taioli E. Meta- and pooled analysis of GSTP1 polymorphism and lung cancer: a HuGE-GSEC review. Am J Epidemiol. 2009;169(7):802-14. PMCID: 2727222.
- Chen W, Ghosh D, Raghunathan TE, Sargent DJ. A false-discovery-rate-based loss framework for selection of interactions. Stat Med. 2008;27(11):2004-21.
- Ghosh D, Chen W, Raghunathan T. The false discovery rate: a variable selection perspective. J Stat Plan Infer. 2006;136(8):2668-84.
- Shedden K, Chen W, Kuick R, Ghosh D, Macdonald J, Cho KR, Giordano TJ, Gruber SB, Fearon ER, Taylor JM, Hanash S. Comparison of seven methods for producing Affymetrix expression scores based on False Discovery Rates in disease profiling data. BMC Bioinformatics. 2005;6:26. PMCID: 550659.